Sunday, June 17, 2012

St. Pete, Columbia, and a Surrealistic Fathers Day with Dali

Well....its been a LONG time since we have gone into St. Pete. and I still find it ADORABLE! We went over to meet up with Ray's dad for Fathers Day. Tons of awesome places have opened up, however we decided to go to a favorite restaurant Columbia at the pier. :( BAD BAD BAD judgment call. Lesson learned when in doubt try something new out. I had that gut instinct that we should try a different new place, but didn't listen and the food was beyond disappointing. THANKFULLY the only redeeming quality was the cava sangria and the fantastic company.





We then headed over to the new Dali museum where truly pictures do not do it justice and where photography isn't allowed in the exhibits. Suffice to say that I learned that in the process of wooing Gala, Dali concocted a "fragrance" of fish paste and cow dung and when he went to her home to court her she left her husband and off she went to start her new life with the mentally ill, disturbed, and genius of Dali. His art is by far and has always been one of my absolute favorites. I loved the architecture of the new museum, but was a little sad to see that the Hitchcock movie that he contributed to and the cartoons that he helped inspire were no longer part of the exhibit.

My gorgeous husband

My gorgeous husband and his handsome dad.



Wishing tree in the Avante Garden




My favorite Dali drawing/painting not featured in this museum by the way has always been the
City of Drawers





After walking around the museum we then went down to Cassis, had a drink and chatted a bit more and then finished our evening with Senora Crocadilla and her Armadillo handbag.

Happy Fathers Day to all the men out there that inspire their children to do more and to achieve more than their wildest dreams. Although I didn't get to see my dad this weekend, he is well aware that he means the world to me and I am lucky to have him!













No comments:

Post a Comment